Manually Adding New Candidates
You can manually add and edit candidate information in Talenture RS. The New mega menu option allows adding new candidates while Power View can be used for editing.
The candidate form enables adding basic details such as name, contact details, experience summary, qualifications, employment details, comments etc. Only the name is mandatory to create a candidate.
You can attach the resume file (in doc, pdf, rtf etc.) if available and any other related/supporting docs such as scans of certificates, identity proof etc. can also be attached.
You can create multiple file categories for storing different types of documents for candidates. For example, an Education category for storing all degrees/certifications, an Employment category for managing all work experience related documents and so on.
Some scenarios in which adding candidates manually may be required for e.g. when candidates walking in to your office to submit hard-copy of their resumes, to quickly capture key details of references generated for e.g. during headhunting via networking, information received via email, telephone calls etc.
Quick Editing via Power View
Power View provides a drag-drop interface for quickly verifying & filling in missing candidate details. You can switch to Power View when you click on a candidate name from any module/page such as Candidate views, Job activity views, Candidate Search results etc.
- Add a new Candidate
- Edit Candidate
- Switch to Power View
- Use Power View Editor to Edit a Candidate
- Add additional documents for candidates
1. To manually add a new candidate:
- Point to the 'New' menu and select 'Candidate'. The New Candidate screen will come up.
- Enter the candidate details and click the 'Save' button.
2. Switch to Power View
To switch to Power View:
- Click on a candidate name to open the detail page.
- In the Action Band at the top of the detail page click on the 'Power View' button.
3. To edit a Candidate:
- Click on the candidate name link
- This will open the detail page for editing the candidate details.
3. Use Power View Editor to Edit a Candidate
Power View is available for verifying & filling in missing candidate details from the Action Band at the top of the normal View that opens when you click on a candidate name from any module/page such as Candidate views, Job activity views, Candidate Search results etc. To use it:
- Scroll through the resume file shown in the left pane of the Power View page and highlight any portion that you want to add to a database field.
- Drag the highlighted text from the left pane to the right pane and drop it into the text box of the database field in which you want to add this text.
- Repeat above steps for each portion of the resume that you want to fill into the relevant database fields.
You can also directly fill in values in desired fields in the right-pane.
- Once done, in the top section of the right-hand pane go to the Save Options drop-down and select 'Save & Close'.
3. Add additional documents for candidates
You can add additional documents for a candidate under multiple file categories such as System files and your own custom file categories via the Normal View of candidates. Follow these steps for this:
- Click on a candidate name from any module/page.
- Click on the 'Files' tab
Under the Resume Files category you can add resume files for the candidate.
- Select 'Resume File' in the File Category drop-down and then use the 'Choose File' button to select and add the file.
- Repeat this for adding multiple files (if available).
Under the Attachment Files (Other) category you can add additional files related to the candidate such as scan of passport, certificates etc.
- Select the category under which to add a file in the File Category drop-down and then use the 'Choose File' button to select and add the file.
- Repeat this for adding multiple files.
- Click the Save button when done.