PSAN Outlook Add-In enables direct transfer of resumes from incoming email into Talenture RS database.
The Transfer process works as follows:
- When running in automatic mode, the process is triggered as soon as a new message is received. All newly received messages are copied into the SkillPoint folder in MS Outlook.
- Once copied, the add-in starts processing the messages by first importing them into Talenture RS
- Once importing is completed, resume extraction starts for parsing resume content
- After processing is complete the copied messages are automatically deleted from the SkillPoint folder.
Note that you can control the settings for the above steps such as the no. of messages processed in a batch, time interval for processing, cleanup of copied email messages etc.
The transfer process happens in the background does not interrupt your regular work in Outlook.
Managing Resume Transfer
You can set the resume transfer mode to Automatic or Manual as per your requirements. For e.g. manual transfer can be set if you receive a larger no. of irrelevant resumes which you want avoid storing in your database.
Setting the resume transfer mode to Manual enables you to select the messages to be processed for resume transfer as well as initiate the actual transfer process whenever you want. This is useful if receive a huge volume of mail and would want the transfer process to happen at a specific time of the day.
You can view the status of resume transfer on the Add-in’s status bar. Statuses indicating transfer progress, completion or any error/warnings can be viewed here.
In case of transfer errors, notification emails may be posted in your Inbox and any messages on which transfer failed would be moved into the “Problem Messages” folder under the “SkillPoint” folder in Outlook.
- Automatically parse resumes from incoming email in Microsoft Outlook
- Parse selected resumes from incoming email in Microsoft Outlook
- Add resumes from incoming email in non-MS Outlook applications
1. Automatically parse resumes from incoming email in Microsoft Outlook
Configure the PSAN Outlook Add-in to enable auto resume transfer from incoming email as follows:
- In Microsoft Outlook, in the PSAN Add-in bar click on the 'Tools' button and then select 'Edit Options'. Configuration dialog will come up.
- Click on the 'Connect' button and then select your email account from the 'Email Account' drop-down.
- In the 'Logon Information' tab make sure the the check box 'Do not make copies of new messages received automatically' is unchecked.
- Make sure the 'Disable background resume transfer check box' is unchecked.
- Click OK.
2. Parse selected resumes from incoming email in Microsoft Outlook
PSAN Add In for MS Outlook can parse resumes from incoming email in 2 modes: Automatic & Manual. In case you want to selectively parse resumes from your incoming email you first need to set the transfer mode to Manual as follows:
- In MS Outlook locate the PSAN Outlook Add-In bar and from its "Tools" menu select 'Edit Options'.
- In 'Edit Options' window click on the 'Connect' button first then go to the 'Logon Information' tab.
- In the 'Resume Transfer Options' section, tick the checkbox 'Disable Background Resume Transfer'.
- Tick the option 'Do not make copies of new messages automatically",
- Click OK.
Follow these steps to transfer resumes from selected email messages in MS Outlook to Talenture RS:
- Select the messages from Inbox from which you want the resumes to be transferred. Press the 'Ctrl' button and click on the required messages.
- Now right-click mouse button on the selected messages and drag & drop them into the 'SkillPoint' folder in Outlook. When you drop the messages in the folder a menu will be displayed to confirm whether you want to put a copy of the messages in the folder or move them into the folder. Select the 'Copy' option as this will retain a copy of the messages in your Inbox for future reference.
- In the Outlook Add-In toolbar at the top click on the 'Transfer Resumes' button. This will start the resume transfer from the selected messages.
3. Add resumes from incoming email in non-MS Outlook applications
You can enable auto transfer of resumes from incoming email in any email application by auto-forwarding your incoming email to Talenture RS's resume inbox email-id as follows:
- In the email application that you're using create a message forwarding rule for incoming email messages to auto forward a copy of every message to ??'email@example.com'??
- Talenture RS will automatically extract resume content from all messages forwarded to the above email-id and save them to your central database.