- The error message “Resume transfer operation failed repeatedly” comes up in Microsoft Outlook during the resume transfer process.
- You see the error “Unexpected error performing system function”.during the resume transfer process.
Talenture RS Wx and higher.
Operating System Platform
All supported OS platforms.
Possible Causes & Solutions
- Cause 1: One or more problem email messages in the “Talenture RS” folder in Outlook are causing the transfer to fail.
Solution: Isolate and remove the problem messages from the pending messages to be processed. Please refer to the document Clearing Pending Outlook Addin Message List to learn how to do this.
- Cause 2: One or more problem email messages in the Talenture RS internal message store are causing the transfer to fail.
Solution: Isolate and remove the problem messages from the internal Talenture RS message store. Please refer to the document Clearing Pending Email Messages From Talenture RS Message Store to learn how to do this.
- Cause 3: The backend Talenture RS Email database for the email account is corrupted.
a. Apply Physical Repair on the Talenture RS Email database. Please refer to the document Applying Physical Repair on Email Account Databases to learn how to do this.
b. In case the issue is not fixed after the Physical Repair or the repair process does not complete or fails, then you need to ‘Refresh’ the Email database. Please refer to the document Refreshing an Email Account Database to learn how to do this.
The resume transfer from MS Outlook may repeatedly fail with errors in situations where a message having a data issue (such as corrupt/virus-infected attachments etc.) is encountered or there is a corruption in the Talenture RS Email databases etc.
In such situations you need to perform the actions listed for specific scenarios in the Causes & Solutions section above to fix the problem.
KB Article: Resume transfer from Outlook appears to be stuck