This article explains how to use the auto suggestion feature in the Email Compose screen for specifying email addresses in the recipient fields.
Talenture RS unified contacts locator automatically tracks all contacts within the system and those with whom you communicate. While you’re composing a new email and when you start typing a few letters of a contact in the recipient fields Talenture RS will automatically display a drop-list of contacts matching those letters.
This includes contact for clients/vendors stored in Talenture RS, people that you’ve exchanged emails with while working on job orders etc., candidates from the Talenture RS database and so on.
The contact locator thus automates tracking of all your contacts by doing away with manual entries in an Address Book, saving valuable time and ensuring none of your important contacts are lost.
1.1 Matching of Keywords
Talenture RS shows suggestions by matching what you have typed so far with following email addresses in Talenture RS:
- Contacts (Clients, Vendors, Candidate Sources)
- Contacts not stored in Talenture RS to whom you’ve sent email
For showing suggestions, Talenture RS looks for matches starting with the typed text in the First Name or Last Name or the email address of the contacts from the above categories.
1.2 Color Coding of Suggested Email Addresses
Talenture RS automatically color-codes email-addresses in the suggestion list based on the contact type using different colors. The following colors are used:
- Client email addresses: Green
- Vendor email addresses: Light Blue
- Contacts not associated with any client/vendor: Grey
- Candidate email addresses: Pale Yellow
- Unknown email addresses (recipients whose email-ids are not stored in Talenture RS): Light Grey
1.3 Using the Suggestion List
- An item in the suggestion-list is highlighted when:
- Up/Down arrow is pressed, OR
- Mouse over action is done for an item in the list
- When no item is highlighted:
- Up arrow takes you to the last item
- Down arrow takes you to the first item
- The email address field text box is updated with suggested-item text only when:
- A suggestion in the suggestion-list is clicked, OR
- Enter is pressed when an item in the suggestion-list is highlighted
To indicate that it has been successfully added to the recipient field, a ‘tile’ (a box enclosing the email address) will get formed for the selected email address in the address field.
1.4 What to be Careful About
When entering an email address in a recipient field:
- If selecting a value from the suggestion list, click the mouse on the desired value or press enter after highlighting the value.
- If entering an email address manually then press the enter key after typing the address.
2. Related Documents