Talenture RS generates various types of notifications for different events and reminders within the Talenture RS system. These include recruitment process related events as well as system information.
This article explains the various types of notifications generated with examples of each.
The Notification Band in the menu bar displays notifications generated for all tasks and recruitment events that occur in Talenture RS. You can configure Talenture RS options for controlling these notifications.
All notifications are sent to both your email address as well as your Talenture RS login (visible in the ‘Notifications’ data view).
1.1 Types of Notifications
Talenture RS generates the following types of notifications:
a. Task Reminders
These are notifications generated for Tasks that you create from various places in Talenture RS. You can create tasks for multiple objects such as a client, candidate, job and so on.
- Followup Task to call a candidate for interview confirmation
- Stand alone Task with reminder for doing client feedback follow ups every day at 3 PM.
b. Recruiting Actions Performed
Talenture RS generates automatic notifications for specific recruitment events based on recruitment workflow actions that you perform.
- When processing is started on a new Job requirement
- When you shortlist candidates for a Job
- When a Job is marked as ‘Closed’
For all of the above recruiting actions, the notifications are generated to:
- All users who are assigned a role in the Job (apart from the Job Owner)
- The Team Manager
c. Upcoming Recruiting Work
These types of notifications are generated automatically by the system to remind you of upcoming work you need to perform related to status changes of shortlisted candidates.
- When you schedule an interview for a candidate in a Job on a specific date. Talenture RS will generate reminder notifications ‘n’ days before the interview.
- When you mark a candidate’s status as ‘Joining Pending’ for a Job, Talenture RS will generate reminder notifications ‘n’ days before the joining date.
d. Automatic Reports
Talenture RS will generate notifications whenever a scheduled Automatic Report is executed with details of the report generated and its status i.e. whether the report was generated successfully or not. Such notifications will also contain the actual report generated in MS Excel format.
- Team report of all candidates for whom approval is pending from clients generated at 10 AM every Monday.
e. Data Preparation Events
These notifications are generated for events related to data preparation initiated within the system. Such notifications provide details of the data submitted, status of data preparation and technical details of warnings/errors/failures (if any) for diagnostic purposes.
- Notification regarding completion of Quick import of resume files (using ‘Import from Desktop’ option).
- Notification on completion of data import from XLS/CSV files using the ‘Import from XLS’ option.
- Notification regarding error during download of resumes via Chrome Addin to Talenture RS
f. Quota Consumption
These are system level notifications which are generated when limits applicable to quotas are exceeded for certain Talenture RS features.
- Mass Mail Quota: Based on your Talenture RS Edition, a per day mass mailing quota is allocated for your Talenture RS account. When this quote is exceeded, Talenture RS generates notification informing you of the situation.
1.2 Notifications Band
The Notification Band provides a dedicated area in the application bar where notifications for all tasks, recruitment events etc. are displayed. You can also Snooze and Dismiss reminders from here.
Notifications are generated in tiles that slide in and out of the Notification Band.
The Notification Band displays the following types of notifications:
- Banner: These are informational notifications that provide details of system events such as the data submitted for resume import, status of data preparation and technical details of warnings/errors/failures (if any) for diagnostic purposes.
A banner style notification automatically stretches out to show full details and then after a pre-defined 'snooze' period contracts and slide out of the Notification Band.
You can set this auto-snooze time period for banner notifications from the System Configuration module from the 'System Settings->Main' data view via a user login having administrative privileges.
- Explicit Task-Based: These are notifications generated for following types of actions:
- Specific recruitment events based on recruitment workflow actions that you perform, for e.g. scheduling an interview for a candidate, creating a new Job etc.
- Tasks that you create from various places in Talenture RS. You can create tasks for multiple objects such as a client, candidate, job and so on.
Apart from the above, the Notification Band also displays the following information:
- Summary of your upcoming, due and overdue tasks
The number of active notifications generated for your tasks. This is displayed as a number over a bell icon. You can click on the bell icon to view each of the notifications one after the other.
2. Related Resources