This article explains the differences between System and User-defined email accounts, features available in each and availability for various email-related features.
Talenture RS provides 2 types of email accounts for performing email functions:
You can use either of these for performing email-related functions via Talenture RS.
1.1 System Email Accounts
These are a set of pre-configured system email accounts to provide full email functionality out-of-the-box for multiple purposes including regular mail sending, mass mailing, transferring resumes from external email applications etc.
1.2 User-Defined Email Accounts
These are your own existing email accounts which you configure in Talenture RS. You can configure email accounts hosted on your own mail server or services such as Go Daddy, Gmail, Yahoo accounts etc. directly in Talenture RS using the System Configuration module.
1.3 Differences between Using Both Email Account Types
- Using System email accounts, you do not need to perform any additional configuration or keep track of email account configuration changes such as password being changed etc.
- System provided email accounts offered with Talenture RS use the best email providers to offer the highest level of robustness.
- User-defined email accounts use the mail servers of the email service provider from where you’ve purchased your account.
1.4 Functionalities and Email Account Configuration Availability
You can select the type of email account you want to use with various email functions provided within Talenture RS as given below.
Note that System Email Account feature is not available in the On-Premise Edition of Talenture RS.
- Normal Mail Sending: This includes sending email to candidates, clients, vendors etc.
- Talenture RS Email Client: If you intend to use the Email Client provided by Talenture RS for your recruiting work instead of using any other email application, you will need to configure your own email account for use with this feature.
- Mass Mail: You can specify the type of email account to use for generating mass mail via the Automated Scheduled mass mail feature.
- Resume Inbox: Here you can specify the type of email account to use for receiving emails forwarded to ResumeInbox.
- Email Notifications: This allows you to specify the email account to use for sending all system notifications to your email-id.
1.5 Points to Keep in Mind When Changing Email Account Types
- Using System accounts for all scenarios will have a bearing on your cloud database size and regular cleanup may be required to keep the data size within limits as per your subscription.
- When you switch from a User-defined email account to a System account for normal sending of email you need to specify the email-id to be used for the ‘From’ field for all your outgoing mail in the ‘User Configuration->General’ view in order to receive responses in your email-id.
- Switching from a System account to a User-defined one for the Mass Mail feature may cause lower sending limits to be applied for mail generated from your email account.
1.6 Quality of System Provided Accounts
Talenture RS’s in-built System accounts enjoy an advantage because of the following reasons:
- The best providers are used for sending mail ensuring optimal robustness and stability
- These accounts are highly secure with special care taken to ensure that there is no unauthorized access or misuse of data transmitted
2. Related Resources