The Recruiting Action Messages feature in Talenture RS automates status updates and follow-ups for important steps of the recruitment workflow.
This article explains key aspects of this feature, usage scenarios and how to maximize its benefits.
Recruiting Action Messages are automatic emails generated for specific recruiting actions. A recruiting action template provides an email template for generating emails associated with a recruiting action in the product. As you perform each recruiting action, a separate email related to that action gets generated for follow-ups on that action.
You can use this to automate status updates and follow-ups for important steps of the recruitment workflow and professional interactions while standardizing replies for common scenarios.
For example you can set the interview scheduling mail to be generated when you update the candidate status to ‘Interview scheduled’, a joining reminder mail to be generated when updating the status to ‘Pending Joining’ and so on.
b. Availability in Talenture RS
Recruiting Action Messages are available for both Placement and Corporate Internal Hiring products of Talenture RS with actions for both being covered.
Recruiting Action Messages are specified at the system level for all users from the System Configuration module via a user login having administrative privileges. You can also view all existing ones and modify these from here.
1.1 Recruiting Actions
Talenture RS enables defining automatic action messages for a wide variety of recruiting actions. These include the following:
- Screening Candidates: You can enable sending a mail containing the position details & JD after performing availability check by selecting a position details template for the ‘Available’ action in Shortlist (Recruiter)
- Scheduling Interview: You can enable sending an interview scheduling mail to candidates by setting an interview scheduling email template for the Scheduled (Int-F)
- Position Offer: You can enable sending a position offer mail having details of the offer made to candidates by setting a position offer email template for the Position Offered.
Invoicing: Enable sending an invoice despatch mail to the client after raising the invoice for placement of candidates having details of the invoice number, despatch details etc. by setting an email template for the Invoice Dispatched action.
1.2 Customizing Recruiting Templates
Talenture RS comes with pre-defined email templates for various recruitment actions. You can customize these as per your requirements or add your own.
You can view and modify the existing email templates and add new ones from the ‘Email->Templates’ data view in the System Configuration module.
The following elements can be includes in email templates:
- Personalization: Automatically include candidate, client names
- Job/Interview related parameters: Email templates allow dynamic generation of content using various options and parameters for Job/Interview related details such as
- Job requirement details such as JD, user-defined fields etc.
- Interview scheduling details, related documents such as feedback formats etc.
Refer to the following help article to learn how to set up email templates: Managing Email Templates
When setting up Recruiting Action Messages follow these guidelines to ensure smooth functioning of this feature:
- Avoid setting up action templates for every recruiting action as this will lead to generating too many emails which may be detected as SPAM and get ignored/moved to Junk folders by the recipients.
- When you set a recruiting action template for a recruiting action you may need to review the content of the automatically generated mail once to ensure proper filling of automatic parameters, adding any fixed information such as interview venue etc.
So make sure to check the Email in the Update Candidate Status dialog before clicking the OK button and select the required action from the ‘Action’ drop-down i.e. ‘Send’, ‘Save’ or ‘Edit’.
2. Related Resources