An Invoicing Template is a template document using which Talenture RS generates invoices for placements done for clients.
This article explains how to elements of an Invoicing Template, steps to configure/modify templates and their usage.
You can configure Invoice Templates based on a standard MS Excel format provided in the system. These are configured at the system level in the System Configuration module via a user login having administrative privileges.
1.1 Features of the Invoice Template & Use
Talenture RS allows you to create multiple Invoice Templates, for example, you may have different formats for certain clients or types of positions etc.
The Invoice Template offers the following features:
- You can customize the available invoice format by including your company logo, contact details, changing the colour, fonts etc.
- The calculation formula for the invoice amount can also be modified directly in the MS Excel template to synchronize with changes in tax rates and other components.
- The invoice amount is generated independent of whatever currency you’ve selected in the System Configuration.
- The template dynamically generates invoice number, date, client & candidate information etc. You can add multiple invoice templates customized for separate clients/needs.
a. How the Invoice Template Gets Used
Following are the broad steps for setting up your Invoice Template:
- Create the Template via the System Configuration module via a user login having administrative privileges.
- When you generate an invoice for a placed candidate Talenture RS displays the available Invoice Templates from which you need to select the one to be used for generating the actual invoice.
- Talenture RS will then automatically fill in the invoice number, date/time, client and candidates details and generate the final invoice.
1.2 Format and Structure of a Template
The Invoice Template you configure in Talenture RS should have the exact structure of the invoice use for your organization such as:
- Your company logo/branding in the header portion
- You company name, address, business tax registration number etc. in the top section
- Client details such as company name, address etc. for whom invoice is raised
- Details of candidate(s) placed with name, position
- CTC details and computation formula specifying applicable taxes, discounts etc. to the base commission amount.
- Payment details/guidelines such as bank account details etc. at the bottom.
- Company address/contact details in the footer section.
a. Usage of Commission Rules in Invoice Template
When a candidate is marked as ‘Joined’ for a Job, Talenture RS does the following:
- It automatically applies the commission rule specified for the Job for which you’ve placed the candidate and computes the commission amount.
- The commission amount that is calculated is used in the Invoice Template for the final invoice amount after applying any additional elements as taxes, discounts etc.
1.3. Modifying Invoice Templates
You would typically need to modify an existing Invoice template in case such as when there are tax rate changes, changes in invoicing mandated by government regulations like specification of Goods and Services Tax (GST), change in company information such as website address etc.
a. Modification for Changes in Tax Rate
To modify an Invoice Template for tax rate changes you need to update the tax formula given in the MS Excel template:
- Open the existing Invoice Template in the System Configuration module via a user login having administrative privileges and save the template file on your desktop.
- Click in the worksheet cell having the tax formula and make the changes to it as per the revised rate as shown in screenshot below:
- Click on the cell containing the name of the tax to change its name as per the desired name:
The formula in the ‘Total’ cell uses the MS Excel SUM ( ) function for adding the values in all of the relevant cells above it (Commission amount and taxes). So in case of adding more tax values in the blank rows provided above the ‘Total’ cell you can change the formula in the ‘Total’ cell to include the new cell range.
- Save the changes and replace the existing Invoice Template with modified one by removing the existing Invoice Template and uploading the one that you downloaded and modified on your desktop.
b. Other Modifications
You can modify all fixed elements of the Invoice Template. Fixed elements are those whose values are not automatically generated when an Invoice is raised. These include:
- Company details: Click on the cell containing the value such as company name, service tax number etc. and type modified value as shown in screenshot below:
- Company Logo: You can add a logo of your company in the header row by using the ‘Insert Picture’ option available in MS Excel and selecting a scanned image file of your company logo in JPG, GIF, BMP,PNG etc.
- Notes: Modify/update the content of the ‘Notes’ section, for e.g., providing your bank account details, disclaimers, guidelines etc.
- Footer: Add a logo or text to the footer portion of the invoice such as your company address.
- Background/Font Colour, Type: You can also change the look and feel of the template as per your organizational style by changing the cell background colours, font size, font type etc.
Important: Note that when you make these changes you cannot add additional rows/columns or delete rows & columns in the Invoice Template; doing this will result in incorrect generation of the Invoice.
2. Related Resources
- Invoice Templates
- Managing Invoices
- KB article: Commission Rules, Revenue Tracking and Invoicing in Talenture RS